- What is the most important thing a homeowner should consider while looking to invest in a new roof?
- The best roofing material in the world is useless if you don’t have quality contractors installing it correctly. Look for a roofing company that has great experience and aims to give customers 100% satisfaction. For example, the team at Fowler Homes has serviced Northern Georgia for 20 years. The roofing experts at Fowler Homes make sure to complete all roofing projects on time and within budget.
- If a homeowner asked for an environmentally friendly roof, what would you suggest?
- First and foremost, we’d recommend a metal roofing option. A cool-rated shingle option is also a great choice. Cool roofs can help minimize heat transfer and can help save money in cooling costs for homeowners in warm, humid climates.
- Each roofing material has an expected lifespan. Are roofers and builders able to repurpose those materials for new projects?
- Metal roofing is 100% recyclable and shingle roofing is recyclable as well—there just aren’t a lot of ways to do so. In other words, the homeowner will not be able to repurpose these materials themselves—rather, they can take the materials somewhere that does recycle them.
- Can a “green” roof lower a homeowner’s utility bills?
- While a green roof can lower utility bills, the upfront cost of a roof that will make a truly noticeable difference will have a higher upfront cost. However, if a roof’s energy efficiency is a top priority for a homeowner, it’s a good idea to look for Energy Star-qualified materials.
- What will the estimator look for when inspecting my roof?
- Our estimators are experienced at gauging shingle wear. They will look for weather related damages (hail, wind) or potential problems, integrity and life of shingles, and installation errors. The estimator will give you a professional opinion and provide you with options.
- How will I know if I need a new roof?
- The obvious reason is a leak. However, if you’ve also experienced a big storm, you may have wind or hail damage. You may see the granules coming off the shingles, missing shingles, etc. If you have any doubts about the soundness of your roof, we would be more than happy to provide you with a free inspection.
- What is the best form of ventilation?
- It depends on your home’s design. We can help you design a system that most effectively ventilates your attic space. Ventilation is one of the most important aspects of a good roof system. We will take the time to help you understand your options and make sure you meet your new shingle’s warranty specifications.
- What shingles do you recommend?
- We use all of the major brands of shingles including Certainteed, GAF/ELK, Owens Corning, and Tamko. One of our roofing consultants would be more than happy to help you with choosing the shingle that looks best on your home. We prefer Certainteed brand shingles because of their quality and warranty coverage.
- Can you help us with gutters, gutter covers and other trades?
- Fowler Homes Inc. is a full service home builder. No project is too big or too small. We would love the opportunity to give you a free consultation about any of your contracting needs.
- Are you insured?
- We are fully insured. Our crews carry workman’s compensation and general liability. Fowler Homes Inc. also carries workman’s compensation and general liability. If you’d like to speak to our insurance agent, please feel free to call Lynn Smith at 770-479-9823.
- News & UpdatesRoofing Colors: How To Choose
Embarking on a new roofing project can be an exciting experience. When you’ve had your roof for a while, picking out new styles, forms, and…
- News & UpdatesHow Long Do Asphalt Roof Shingles Last?
Installing a new roof? Looking for another roofing material for your roof replacement? Then maybe you should consider one of America's most widely-used roofing material:…
“I wish to take this opportunity to extend my greatest thanks for your service and the professionalism of your company when I contacted you in my time of need.
“For those that need repairs to their homes they must do themselves the favor of contacting Fowler Homes.
”-Bess and John
“I contracted with Fowler Homes to replace a roof on my house that had been recently damaged by hail. Fowler Homes worked with me and my insurance company with no problems whatsoever.