Asphalt Shingle Roofs in Canton, Georgia Area
Choosing your roofing material in the Canton, Georgia area is often a task with many variables. Cost must be weighed against aesthetic, personal taste and availability. And somewhere down the line you’ll need to consider viability due to the nature of your structure, and how your roofing material will stand up to local weather. At Fowler Homes, our experts understand that making decisions about your roof can be tough. But we also understand that knowledge about roofing materials, their availability, and their traits can make the process so much simpler.
One of the most widely used roofing materials in use today, asphalt shingles make a strong case to be the right choice for your roof! They provide a number of great benefits, and boast an impressive lifespan. At Fowler Homes, we know roofing, and for more than 15 years we’ve made our craft into an art form.
Considering an asphalt shingle roof for your home? Contact the specialists at Fowler Homes today to learn more about how our roofing services can help you! If you need more than our word to back up our skill and service, peruse a few kind words from our previous clients!
What are Asphalt Shingles?
If you’ve lived in Georgia long enough, you’ve definitely seen a roof using asphalt shingles. They’re one of the most widely used materials today, and are easily identified. Asphalt shingles use either fiberglass or organic materials as a base for construction. By organic, we mean to say they are produced using felt paper, coated in a layer of asphalt.
Both varieties are still widely used to date, and both provide benefits unique to themselves. Fiberglass asphalt shingles are lighter, more environmentally friendly, cheaper and boast a measure of UV protection (though both types provide this benefit to an extent). Organic, on the other hand, are heavier, generally more durable, and more flexible than the fiberglass variety.
The Benefits of Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt shingle roofs are so widely used in Georgia for good reason, as they provide:
- Affordability. Asphalt roof shingles are manufactured very quickly, and the materials used are fairly readily available. This makes the shingles cost-efficient, and highly affordable.
- Durable. Don’t allow the price to fool you, asphalt roofing materials carry a very long lifespan. Homeowners can generally anticipate a minimum of twenty faithful years of service from their shingles, often more, depending on the style and brand used.
- Thermal barriers. Asphalt shingles have a reflective surface, pushing heat from the sun off of your roof. This can help keep energy costs down in our warmer Georgian summers!
- Versatility. There are a variety of cuts, textures, styles and colors for Asphalt shingle roofs. This gives a homeowner a lot of leeway in appearance, allowing you to tailor a look that suits your tastes best.
Professional Roofing in Canton, Woodstock, Marietta Georgia with Fowler Homes
Our experts are dedicated to providing you with the absolute best in roofing for your home. We take our projects seriously, and want nothing more than to provide you with a roof that is both dependable and gorgeous. To learn more about our roofing services, or to find out more about our estimates, contact us today!
- News & UpdatesThe Importance of Flashing for Your RoofPosted on January 31, 2018
Your roof is the first line of defense against the elements, and it consists of a number of vital components that work together to protect…
- News & UpdatesFlat vs. Steep RoofsPosted on January 8, 2018
Whether you're building an addition, constructing a new home, or replacing your existing roof, there are a number of important decisions that will need to…
“I wish to take this opportunity to extend my greatest thanks for your service and the professionalism of your company when I contacted you in my time of need.
“For those that need repairs to their homes they must do themselves the favor of contacting Fowler Homes.
”-Bess and John
“I contracted with Fowler Homes to replace a roof on my house that had been recently damaged by hail. Fowler Homes worked with me and my insurance company with no problems whatsoever.